This game was made in a weekend for the Ludum Dare 46 game jam.
Pandamonium is a cute
incomplete Sims-like game that revolves around Pandas working for a game studio and chasing their dreams.
This was my first time trying to make a game for the web in JS. Certainly not my best entry (and definitely my sloppiest as far as code is concerned LMAO), but I learned a lot.
I'd consider this more of a prototype or proof-of-concept than anything, it didn't really turn out the way I would've liked. I'm not happy with the gameplay and honestly I'll probably make a post-jam version soon.
- WASD to move
- G to switch Pandas
- Arrow keys to navigate food menus
- Space to confirm
Space Bamboo Controls:
- A and D to move
- Space to shoot
- Escape to pause
What Do I Do?
- You pretty much just keep your pandas alive (easier said than done). Get a job, make enough money to feed your household, and buy a mansion!
- I suggest putting on some background music, as the game has basically no audio. I'll probably make a small post-jam version with music and such soon.
- Last names in the Panda creation screen don't carry over to the rest of your Pandas unless you manually upload them. This is intentional.
- Happiness doesn't really affect anything, just didn't have time to implement it.
- You can't visit neighbors and the hospital is unused.
- Input scheme is kinda inconsistent.
- Physics may break on certain OS/browser combinations. I genuinely have no clue why.
Oh also, the TV in the game was made by TheChaseExp, go check him out!